Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Winding Down

This past weekend was one last Mizzou fling.  One of my best friends from undergrad came to visit, and we went to all of her favorite places.  Considering that we did almost everything together, these were all the places I went as an undergrad.  It was nice to see the town one more time through the eyes of someone who really loves it before I start packing up my life to move.  


Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I didn't love Columbia when I was in college, it's just that that time seems so long ago.  I didn't want to come to MU in the first place, and the fact that I've spent seven years here has been a little overwhelming at times.  I'm excited to move somewhere that stores open past 6pm and where the tallest building in town isn't the world's ugliest parking garage or a dorm.


As soon as I finish grading papers I plan to start going through my belonging and purging most of the stuff I've acquired in the past few years.  As I moved from the dorms into progressively larger apartments, my consumerism has kept pace.  Now the duplex is filled to the brim with things that aren't worth moving across the country.  I can't wait to go through the house and pare down my belongings.

No comments:

Post a Comment